It is Board Meeting season in my office…..late in Board Meeting season which means everything is in a state of barely controlled chaos. Strangely enough, I am not freaking out. Me… the chick who needs to know how everything will turn out, who needs organization and someone else to be responsible when it comes to all things work related is actually calm and okay.
Because I know it will turn out fine because there is no other option. Because I am finding out that flying by the seat of your granny panties is not the end of the world. Because I am getting a crash course in project management and after this, I am responsible for subsequent Board Meeting Seasons. (Cross your fingers, break out the rabbit feet and say prayers. PLEASE!) Learning from mistakes made this time around means I can prevent them next time and also means I can be more proactive about anticipated materials and events, or at least that is what I am telling myself….we all know that things are easier in theory than practice.
So, I have been taking trips down memory lane lately and not the sad, dark and twisty roads of the lane; instead, I am remembering the happy times that are not on Facebook, my phone or even in this blog because I was too busy living and being in the moment to even think about capturing them. Happy times, funny times, sentimental times….I have had some, believe it or not and I would like to share some with you, along with a few things that make me happy.
- The time Hangout Buddy had to take a shit in snow covered woods because he would not heed my warning about eating raw tuna sushi from a sports bar. Not even going to mention he mixed the sushi with helpings of pizza, alcohol and greasy fried foods…you just can’t mix food groups like that and expect to make it all the way home
- Holding a dinner party for friends and Cuz claimed there was no more chicken (I had roasted a whole chicken) but Honeybee grabbed a knife and proceeded to debone the carcass and find 3 more helpings of meat. Miraculous doesn’t even begin to describe that incident
- Office Holiday Potluck where the guys opened a bottle of wine by youtubing how to place it against the wall and beating it with a shoe. This was followed by a Nerf gunfight led by Yang
- The look of appreciation and commiseration when you KNOW it is going to be a stressful day at work and you have cookies and chocolates for your boss who insists she is FINE
- The time I had a surprise for Him after an argument and I asked that he close his eyes and hold out his hands; he didn’t fully trust me (it was a hellacious argument) so he closed his right eye and held out his left hand as compromise
- When Tiny Human was being held by someone and he reached out his arms for me to hold him
- Holding Tiny Human and feeling him scooch his way up my body to lay his head on my shoulder
- Running down my parents’ driveway while screaming like a banshee in a rainstorm to collect fallen groceries with my sister
- The feeling I got from the good morning texts from Prince Charming; in fact, I got that feeling from every text he sent but the wake up texts were the best
- The look in Prince Charming’s eyes when he saw me fresh from the shower: wet, naked and no eyeliner or lipstick and told me I was beautiful
- Sitting on the stoop of my building with neighbors at midnight during the derecho power outage, just shooting the shit
- Late night talks with Cuz
- Hanging out with good friends
- Falling asleep in Him’s arms with my head on his chest
- That feeling when my online shopping spree arrives
- Seeing that my clothes are too big and easily fitting into the smaller size
- Giving money/food to the homeless
- Being safe and dry inside my apartment when inclement weather hits
- Hot tea and broth when I’m sick
- Endless text conversations with Artsy Craftsy and New Mommy…even when I am not in the mood, it brightens my day
- Free shipping!
- Long drives at night with good music playing
- The scenery when you take a different route home
There are lots of others but will share them another time. What I find amazing is that I am able to salvage my happy memories again with the two men who broke my heart into little pieces. At one point, I thought my happy times with them were both tainted and gone forever but that was before the healing and metamorphosis, which I will get into in my next blog post. For now, I have 4 days to successfully navigate Seattle Grace Mercy West out of Board Meeting Season so I need all the rest I can get my hands on. And prayers….send prayers!
As usual, thanks for stopping past and reading and as always…enjoy your day!